From Town to Arab St.

Yesterday night was so fun, I walked (yes, on foot) from Town to Arab Street. Thanks to Tay Jia Liang, a friend of mine.

The story began when I was so bored at home, depressed with one handicraft that I wanted to do (see below post and you will know why I am depressed). I thought it would be good to make it and give it as a birthday gift, but then I was stucked in the middle and forced to stop and throw whatever things I had done. So happened that at the moment, Jialiang was online and he asked me whether I wanna chill. I said, why not? So I stopped working with the stupid handicraft (which in the end I just bought a gift instead) and went to see him.

We just had our dinner (a Korean Cuisine) in GrEAT TrEAT food court in Le Meridien, then walked to somewhere near Arab Street for a dessert. He said there was this dessert shop called Pluck, an ice-cream indulgement place. So we went there and along the way, he showed me places of where to shop for a second hand jeans from Japan, and expensive boutiques opened up by potential artists from either Lasalle or NAFA students, where to rent ANY costumes, and many others. We finally reached Pluck, but sadly, we found that the shop was already closed. But Jia Liang (again) spilled out some gossips like there are 2 helpers inside the shop, a guy and a girl, and they are actually a couple. The shop is opened by the girl's sister, and inside it was so artistic and cozy, it was really cool. Girls usually love to hang out there.

Then we walked back, and stopped at another dessert place called Black Pitch. We found out that Black Pitch actually offers movie screenings apart from just desserts. They show arts productions, and have different themes each week. This week, they have musicals. I looked at their schedules and they show things like Cabaret, West Side Story, etc. Next week will be all shows from this Indian Producer I dont know whos the name is, and the following week will be all fashion concept shows. To watch, you have to make reservations. Pretty cool huh?

We went home after splurging on drinks, and we walked to Bugis Station. Along the way, Jia Liang told me lots of intersting facts, including Parkview Square's misconstruction and the flying bartender. It was pretty fascinating. Another thing were facts related to the knife-blade lookalike buildings in bugis, and a budget hotel nearby. All Facts, and not just plain old-folks story. Seriously speaking, I think he will make a good tour-guide. Lol.

Jialiang is one cool knowledgeable guy. Go and chill out with him and you will know lots of new interesting stuff, unless you yourself is just as knowledgeable as him.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments: