Event Review: Xplore Singapore!

Xplore Singapore, Palm Terrace, The Legends, Fort Canning Park. Haha.. yeah. I got to know this event yesterday from my friend, Jenny. She was forming a team of 6 and she quickly sms-ed me to join the team. I was kinda lazy at 1st, remembering it was about a game, hence it must be a race! Furthermore, involving things such as exploring Singapore, i could imagine the exhaustion of panting around Singapore, running like crazy all over the island just for the sake of winning. And the terrible part is, after you spend so much of your energy, nobody can guarantee you of winning the race.

Walking towards the 27-storey building where I lived in, my other friend sms-ed. "Are you informed about the game tomorrow? Do you want to participate? I don't mind joining, as long as there are friends around.." Well, i also were kinda tempted, to be honest, as i have never joined such events! So, yeah, joining the team was my final decision.

So instead of a team of 6, we formed a team of 7: Jenny, Sylvia, Cuppi, Frida, Dodi, Wasis, and I. Because we couldn't go in a team of 7, therefore we seperated. Dodi and Wasis joined another group, while the 5 of us girls formed another group. Actually, some unpleasant things happened during the game, but I am just too lazy to write it all down here. It's about the irresponsible marshalls who left the required stations, causing all of us to wait for them for about more than half an hour in the station! And to top it all off, it was not only 1 station that had no marshalls, but 2, plus the gundu gate master in Jurong East MRT Station who had no idea that we were actually allowed to pass the gate without our EZ Link cards. He spent minutes calling the manager to ask about whether we were really permitted to pass the gate without paying, and so on and so forth. In the end, Wasis' group got the 3rd prize. Mine? Well, I guess it is obvious that we didn't win any prizes, we only brought home our goodie bags, t-shirts, $35 off gift voucher from Tony&Guy, and some small tokens. But it was fun though, and I was quite thankful that we didn't go home with empty hands. (:

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments: